Non Farm Payrolls

Does anyone trade the Nadex Non Farm Payroll event? If so, how? Seems like good odds, but more of an estimate. Thanks.

check the news plan every night http://apexinvesting.net/news-trading/

Mark thanks for responding, but that’s not what I’m asking. Does anyone place binary trades on the special Nadex “events” that offers trades on specified number such as > 240,000?

illiquid - have played with them… i don’t really mess with them

OK, thanks. I noticed very few contracts on events too.

I know you don’t prefer weeklies, however mentioned you have a strategy. I would be interested as it fits my style. I’m unavailable during normal market hours and after hours is limited. I demo well placing $20 -$25 prem collecting on weekly indices with wide butterflies approx 4-5 days out, but really don’t have a system other than using support and resistance. Exit early if price hits strike and will place take profit order. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Volume is one reason - liquidity another - lack of volatilty another - bascially its a over under bet - so not a fan of the economic ones…

Weeklies aren’t bad its just they take no more time to trade than a daily or a intraday trade - you can do a butterfly in the last 15 minutes of the day - you can do 1x a day on the daily etc…

My weekly strategy is a bit similar - but im actually using weekly diagnostic deviations for it - and we have the auto stop plugin that we are going to release soon to help you manage the risk here in the next couple weeks (just in time for Christmas)

Thanks Darrell, I look forward to seeing the weekly strategy with deviation levels! That would be helpful as those levels are accurate.

One final thought on why weeklies are attractive (to me) are the strikes are so far from underlying. Nice cushion. Currently for me, EPC is a bit nerve racking and I’m typically unavailable during most market hrs. Thanks again, as I continue to be impressed with your ideas/products for trading Nadex!

Sorry - I missed EVENT. I tried them ONCE. It was gambling for me as I didn’t have a good method or strategy.

hours are 6 PM to 5 PM following day only 1 hour a day when trades cant be done - only 2 hours a day when there is not an expirtion (6 pm and 7pm have no epirations - all other hours have expirations - don’t have to do epc - can do butterflies etc… just saying a weekly trade takes not longer to enter than a daily or intraday trade - just does not take as long to be over if doing butterflies - less time is good

[quote=jeff4155]Thanks Darrell, I look forward to seeing the weekly strategy with deviation levels! That would be helpful as those levels are accurate.

One final thought on why weeklies are attractive (to me) are the strikes are so far from underlying. Nice cushion. Currently for me, EPC is a bit nerve racking and I’m typically unavailable during most market hrs. Thanks again, as I continue to be impressed with your ideas/products for trading Nadex![/quote]