Optimal bar sizes for trend catcher

I haven’t used trend catcher much lately and was wondering if there are particular bar sizes that should be applied to different instruments? I read the post regarding CL and a bar size of 14, but have been unable to find other recommendations. I only trade Nadex and so far have applied the bar sizes used for the APEX pattern (not really for trading TC specifically, just to have it on the chart). Any information or link to a forum post would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Trend catcher bar sizes for Nadex can vary by expiry and which method of using TC you are using them with. They are usually 12 for longer expirations and spreads, and settings can be found in the section on trend catcher. I added the link HERE with instructions and settings. These settings work for Nadex if you are using longer expiration times such as hourly expirations or longer and for spreasds.

In general, the bar sizes used really depend on your market, strategy with trend catcher and time of day. For example, use smaller brick sizes at night when there is less volatility and larger brick sizes during the day. The times of expiry also affect the brick sizes. For example, if you are trading the 5-minute expiries, 3 tick has been used the most. For 20-minute expiries, 6 to 12 brick size is better depending on if you are using a futures-type strategy or a binary-type strategy and time of day. Trend catcher can be used many many ways with Nadex. Generally the chart setup can be found with the training for each way trend catcher is used.

I hope that helps

Thanks Lori that does help.

This is the course for determining bar sizes on the apex pattern http://apexinvesting.net/module-1/diagnostic-bar-sizes/

thanks Darrell