Preferred Markets

Hi Darrell ?

Which FX pairs would you recommend focusing on at the beginning? Are there any that tend to have better volatility and smoother moves relative to others, with reasonable execution? I think you said ?anything Yen? can be kind of crazy (i.e. wild, erratic, fast moves).

Also, can you please comment on the Corn and Soybean (and maybe Wheat) mkts? Pros/cons?

Just looking for some brief general color based on your experience, I realize these questions are vague and potentially loaded haha. Don?t have much experience with these instruments and would appreciate any insight regarding their various ?personalities?.

I believe you prefer the TF when it comes to US indices, for example, and look forward to ultimately piecing together a portfolio of non-correlated mkts that complement each other well.

Thanks!

I like TF and YM - not a big fan of ES (tick size to slow) - NQ moves fast

and now that nadex ahs updated it to tick in .1 is a great spread to trade

but fine for futures and binaries (i watch all 4 indices and broad market index when trading any indice)

I love ag markets - but they are crazy volatile - lately the spreads have been pretty wide on everything but the master spreads so be careful on the bid/ask - but they will give you some insanely great trends

Forex - depends on what news is coming out - i usually trade the fx pair that has news that day - as it will help it move trend better even aud having news at night - can help it move all day long - etc… - try usd/chf and usd/cad if you want slower moving fx pairs

the one thing i do is hop around on fx (i will use the forex trend meter in the elite room)

on indices i can hop, but usually focus on one pair - unless say the other 3 are going the other direction and 1 has not turned yet - i may hop on board with a different indice but i will focus on 1 (just watch trend bmx broad market etc… on others)

you asked for a lot you got it :slight_smile:

Darrell

Cool thx!

Great tip on the FX, was thinking the same thing…

@darrell Am I understanding from this post that you don’t recommend NQ for Nadex spreads? So far while demoing IZSS I am having trouble good NTM contracts for NQ as compared to other indices.

That was before Nadex based upon apex’s statistical recommendation changed the tick size from 1 to .1 - I have updated the post. I trade Nadex NQ spreads a lot many examples posted in you can do this section.