Recommended pairs/times for various strategies

Where can I find recommendations for markets/times of day to trade various strategies? I heard on one of D’s webinars that such info is available on Apex, but I can’t find it.

For example, if I were running the premium collection with a binary butterfly, for which markets has this historically worked out the best, and at what times of the day?

It would be easy to assume that something less volatile (eur/gbp for instance) at the slowest times of the day would work out well, but then again, there wouldn’t be many strikes available. I’d rather see stats/past performance/recommendations of this strategy on various pairs, than try to go with my gut. Is there such information available? If so, where?

Cheers

There is not a definite set answer to your question. If you are looking to do Butterflies there is no SET time of day and instrument to do them on, although obviously you may not want to do butterflies at the open in the MA when things can fly or at pit closing on commodities etc. Many factors can contribute to this. NEws events in the Us and overseas, is it a trending day or a choppy day, earnings releases, inventory reports, etc. Is it a high volume day? What is the expected range for that hour you are doing butterflies on? There is no magical 123 abc do this these hours. You have to take the time to learn the Apex Systems, learn to read the markets, and you simply can not do butterflies properly without understand Expected Range and how to use it. If you know the expected range of the hour, then you know where you may want to enter our butterflies at etc. If you just blindly take them without ranges you are shooting in the dark. So master ranges and then figure out what time of day you are avail to trade and then do some backtestng on instruments for those hours you are avail using the Expected Ranges

Yes, thank you. I’m well aware there is much more to be taken into account. I’m not looking for a template by which to charge blindly into trades. I am looking for another factor to include in my analysis. That factor being what pairs/times have suited various strategies for other traders in their experience.

For instance, almost regardless of what is happening in the market on any given day, it would be probably be ill advised to trade an ITM Binary Butterfly setup at 8am on EUR/USD. Does this mean I’m going to swear by this, and avoid such a move like the plague? Or start blindly placing as many OTM binary straddles at 8am on EUR/USD as humanly possible, irregardless of other factors? Of course not.

I ask about recommendations because Darrell mentioned that there was such information available on Apex. Back testing is great and all, but if I can find reliable recommendations from experienced traders who have already back tested, and/or traded various strategies, why wouldn’t I?

Work smarter not harder.

Cheers