Seasonal Cycles

Hey Darrell,

So far I’ve learned that triple witching Fridays fall on the 3rd Friday of March, June, Sept. and Dec. and cause the market to be bullish both on Thurs. and Friday of that month.

Pay days that fall on the 1st and the 15th of the month and land on a Friday or Sat. create a bullish tendency in the marketon that Friday.

Are there any other special days etc… to be aware of??? I’m marking my calendar!

Thanks Donna

There are 100’s of seasonal tendencies.

Seasonals help you see where the market bias may be. It does not mean to trade them like they are a technical. It just gives you an idea on how the market may move based on historical trends. Make sure to follow the deviations and the charts (i.e. APEX chart pattern - as the market is always right despite the seasonal). But knowing seasonals gives you an edge (i.e. today a bounce in the market after hitting the deviation level and a gap fill based on the seasonality of today being an up day.

ES did drop in the morning first before it started its rise. Once it came right next to the deviation it reversed. I cover these tendencies each day on my trading show the diagnostic trading hour [COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.tfnn.com/watch.phphttp://tfnn.com/watch.php” [/color] Channel 7 for archives - live from 12-1 Central Monday through Friday.

I also go into the deviations and into fundamental news announcements.

I am working on putting together a newsletter on what i call diagnostic trading it will cover seasonals, fundamentals, technicals, and statistics (deviations). It will be free to Elite members as well. I will launch it after my wife has our new baby as that could throw things for a loop for a week or two while we get all settled in. yes you could trade the “super 8” which is the seasonal cycle of the first few and middle few days of the month. People get paid, they then have money go into 401k’s which goes into mutual funds which goes into stocks. You could get all the up gains i the DOW by just following this cycle and being flat the rest of the month (at least on average since the 70’s).

I mention this every week it applies ecspecially when we have a 1st or 15th fall on a Saturday, Sunday (or friday/monday holiday) as the day before people get their friday pay checks (either thursday or friday and they get the 1st 15th paychecks.