Should the Binary or Spread trade be for a specific time or let it run all day?

I wonder why some people trade 5 minute Binaries, 20 minute, or even ones with several hours till expiration? It seems to me that if you just traded the End of Day or ones with the longest expiration you could just let your winners run and stop out the losers! Theoretically, by my way of thinking, if you traded assets, like currency pairs, that have been in a Ranging market since like 2am in the morning you would come out far more profitable at the end of the day then trading ones with short expiration.

I am a newbie to Apex and I hope a few of you can share your thoughts on this!

Well, 5 minute and daily contracts have same range of value 0 to 100. They work the same but contracts with more time till expiration move slower. Letting winners run and stop out your loser sounds a lot easier than it is when they move at different speeds. Does not quite work the same with binaries.

Your theory does not mean you would be more profitable as someone trading 5 minute or 20 or intraday could make many more trades. Trading same size daily just means you will have less opportunity to lose does not mean you will make more.

Your title is about binary or spread but your question is just about binaries. Apples and oranges

Spreads: I prefer end of day spreads but I may be in and out in 5 min, 20 min, 2 min or 5 hours etc…also they are wider so you can potentially make more on a daily spreads than a binary.