Sim CL trade question - what did I do wrong?

Hi, I attempted a simulated trade using APEX entry on CL. Green APEX, MVP was green, green E formed and next bar hit 3 ticks above the high of the E bar so I placed the trade. Put my stop 5 ticks below the P. Anyway, the trade went south and I was stopped out. (no issue there, this is trading). My question is if I got the signal to enter 3 ticks above the green E, is it routine for the E to later turn orange? And if so, was there something I did wrong as far as the entry itself; ie: did I enter too early, or did I miss something in the setup and should not have entered trade at all?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

From what I see it was a valid trade, but it looks choppy before the entry which would be my guess as to why it went against you.

Looks like you took a good entry, it just went against you. Also as you are watching for Elite trades keep in mind the Momentum Scalp trades. Just with the screenshot here you would have had around $700 profit potential today on Momentum Scalp Trades, so keep that in mind :slight_smile:

The Range, Volume and Deviation showed no commitment in direction or strength. Compare it with the subsequent invalid Apex trade which shows strength in Deviation, Range and Volume. Had the MVP line been Green you would have had a good Apex trade. You might want to consider turning on the “Show Trigger Price Line” on your MVP indicator to show the entry for a MVP Reversal Trade.

Good luck, Al.

Hi Al I was interested in your answer, I understand the importance of volume, but what do you mean by strength in Deviation and Range, and how do you see more commitment in the second entry over the first?

Hi Al I was interested in your answer, I understand the importance of volume, but what do you mean by strength in Deviation and Range, and how do you see more commitment in the second entry over the first?

Thank you all for your input. It gives me more to look at when evaluating trades.

We do not use Volume or Expected Range to determine Apex Elite Entries. We do look at Deviation levels but otherwise we are looking at the color of the Apex and the MVP line color to match. There are times trades will go against you and times it will take off and fly all day. Focus on taking all the trades on each instrument you watch and not jumping around. It is good that you are analyzing a loss, that is a good thing to look at what you could have done better. But, at times the market can just reverse and you have to move on and keep trading and not stay focused on one loss etc

Lt Dan, a couple of thoughts that may help for whatever they are worth. 1) When you see that predictor line…the one with the triangles, level out as just before your entry, you might want to wait and watch as they often do that just before an mvp reversal and those can be really good trades. 2) Try changing your candles to the bar type and make them the same color as it takes some of the emotion out of the equation and makes the indicator signals more focused at least in my brain. The evaluation you are doing on your trade is a really good thing!