Small APEX Entry / Stop Loss?

Hi,

Wondering where to place my Stop Loss on a small APEX entry. Here in my Jing we see an entry (dotted line) with an X that formed on the same bar. I do not know of any rule that advise against entering on a small APEX, but I wonder if I am to set my Stop Loss at 5 ticks above the P (as if it were a normal APEX), or 5 ticks above this new same-bar X that formed. In my Jing I set the Stop loss for 5 ticks above the X (blue bar).

2013-10-08_1110 - Doppelrock’s library

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Rob

small or large does not matter place it 5 ticks above the P if short - place it 5 ticks below the P if long

there is no rule that advises against entering a small apex as a small apex may move 20 or 100 ticks past the X

small apex = < 6 bars between E and X

if small apex the only rule that applies is to trail your stop to breakeven after 6 lower lows (not lower closes) are made after the E bar and don’t do it before then or you will get stopped out to soon (NOTE this rule does not apply to larger APEX’s only smaller APEXs

Thanks for the clarification - my previous understanding has knocked me out several times too early.

Just to be sure though, we should still be placing a stop 5 ticks above/below the X, but only after and X has formed? So for the example above, if the E and the X are on the same bar, I would wait until the next X to place a 5 tick stop loss. Does my question make sense?

I have my rules written that after an X forms we are to start trailing stops at X bars, High Velocity bars, 10 min dev levels. My confusion here I think was placing stop loss above the first X I saw, even if it was on the same bar as E.

Please let me know if I am off here. I think your explanation will fix it, as I’ve been getting stopped out seemingly a bit too much. Makes my impression of the indexes much more choppy than they actually are I think.

Thanks! Rob

The X bar rule applies if there are 6 bars or more between E and X if not then the 6bb 6 bars to breakeven rule applies see video under system elite on 6bb