Sneaky contracts

Yesterday I was taking some early profits on a couple of NADEX contracts when I noticed after “selling to close” that one of them immediately popped up in my open positions as a “sell” contract. I definitely didn’t place that order yet it magically appeared and I lost that trade. Today I bought (2) gold @1317.5 then (2) more for 1319. I sold to close on the 1317.5 for a profit then did the same on the 1319 also for a profit and then the 1317.5 magically appeared as (2) “sell” contracts in my open position but the 1319 did not. I sold those by clicking on the contracts in the open position window then closing them from the ticket that appeared. Where did I go wrong? Gary.

If a order was executed it was because it was submitted. I have placed orders on Nadex nearly every day for years and have never had a contract execute that I did not submit.

What may have happened was you put in a working limit order to close and then you submitted another order to close without editing/cancelling the working order. Or you changed the position size. ie bought 2 but sold 4 etc…

To know for sure you would have to take a screenshot of your order history in the Nadex platform (top right corner you can click the button to see order history. With that I could see what was submitted and answer what was done incorrectly. Also you could simply call Nadex and ask them they are usually very helpful. I would be glad to help. Simply use jing to post a screenshot to screen cast then put the image here in a reply and I can help.

Here is the short video on how to use jing and screencast (its free) http://apexinvesting.net/forum/how-share-charts-other-traders-130/how-download-install-use-jing-screencast-432.html#.UwAD8_ldV8E

Darrell

I looked over the history carefully and discovered I set a profit target as soon as I bought the contracts. However, I sold the contracts earlier than my profit target and failed to go back to my working order screen and initiate “cancel remainder”. The price eventually reached that “working order” contract and automatically filled as a sell order. Lesson learned. Thanks; Gary.

We have all done it :slight_smile:

Best measure is to always edit the working order. The scanner links open positions to working orders to make it much easier to track.