Sticking With A System!

There was a story that I heard a while back in an interview between two traders. I can’t find the link to the video but once I do I will share it with you guys. During this interview it was said that there was a trader who managed his own money and he was trading a specific strategy.

During the time when he was trading this strategy he came across a losing streak of 28 consecutive losing trades. The 29th trade was a winner and covered his losses and gained him a substantial profit. The amazing lesson about this story is that he was willing to trade each signal that was given to him by his trading system in the midst of 28 losses. I will be honest and say that by the 10th consecutive loss I would have been in extreme doubt of the strategy. By 15th consecutive loss I would have been looking for another strategy.

A lesson of true resilience is to be learned here.

So with that said I ask any trader who has been trading the APEX for a length of time, when have any of you witnessed a losing streak with the APEX Elite System?

Now of course sometimes losing streaks can occur from the trader and not necessarily the system. Human error can cause a winning strategy to lose a lot as well. But from a sheer experience and system perspective when has the APEX system acquired a losing streak and how large was it?

WOW, 28 losses? geez I start to get upset around 3 in a row and that is with 1:1 risk to reward!

I don’t have the time to trade Apex Elite, but I can tell you if I lose 3 in a row with Boomerangs or Spike striker its because I missed a rule or made some human error.

Man, Darrell has really spoiled me with efficacy of his systems! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ronin50]WOW, 28 losses? geez I start to get upset around 3 in a row and that is with 1:1 risk to reward!

I don’t have the time to trade Apex Elite, but I can tell you if I lose 3 in a row with Boomerangs or Spike striker its because I missed a rule or made some human error.

Man, Darrell has really spoiled me with efficacy of his systems! :p[/quote]

Same here! Most of the time my losses are based off of some human error on my behalf. And APEX’s do take some time. I’m fortunate enough to be able to run a small biz from home and not have a wife and kids. But it still takes a high level of patince.

This week everything was moving and there was a lot activity (I wish every week was like this) and trades that made amazing gains. But when those slow weeks comes its usually my impatience that contributes to my loss.

I must say that the question is not intended to down play the APEX. But I just wanted to know if there was ever a time that APEX had a losing streak and what was it like.

Just a curios question:rolleyes:

Well said Ronin. Usually when you experience losses in a row you realize that you did not follow a rule. I as well give kudos for the guy mentioned above for being consistent and taking every signal, that is vital. But any system with that type of result should have been re evaluated much earlier on. Some systems do experience times of a string of losses. This is why it is very important that you have more than one system in you arsenal so that you can trade a system that works in varying market conditions. Some traders will come across some “new” random system and blindly start trading it, end up with a losing streak as mentioned above. It is important with any system to learn it, know it, back test and understand how to use it. You can look back yourself and back test the Apex systems to see the performance. You also see that there are multiple systems to use. When the markets are trending you may have some Good Elite Entries. On other days you may use Momentum scalps for days that are do not have Elite trades. We also can do Boomerang, Spike Striker, MVP, EPC, ETC etc…Darrell teaches over and over to not be married to a particular single system, instrument, platform etc. A good trader knows how to read the market conditions and know exactly what system and strategy to use to adjust to that condition. Even with Apex Systems, we never teach to Blindly take every single signal. We DO teach to take every trade and no skip around, but that means to take every VALID entry. Which means you must not just have down the abc but also he 123. Is there expected volume, are you out of the Expected Range, Are you at a deviation level, is a news even about to happen, is it almost Pit close etc etc. There are many things to consider, not just that a system gave you a signal.

If the trader had the patience to take that many losses in a row its because they had traded it for a long long time. Also they mastered limiting risk and letting profits run. Sort of like the idea of the “Turtle Traders” though that system has not worked well for quite some time.

I don’t know anyone that has had a losing streak like that ever. The way the apex is built on the market I’m not really sure how its possible… not saying its not but i have not seen it in well i guess going on 10 years.