Swing Scalp Review

Hello

After watching the latest video on swing scalping with the IZSS chart I thought I’d give it a go in demo. The red numbers and arrows are losses and the green numbers and arrows are successful 10 tick scalps. I’am looking for advice on being more consistent, in this method.

On trade 1,5,6,9 and 13 I was around 4-7 ticks in profit, on trades like those when you get up to near 10 ticks but not quite there should a guy just get out with 5 ticks or move stop to break even?

On trade 8 it looked like the market was starting to trend upwards to me(higher high and MVP flip). Did not work out however.

If there is anything I could do better with my winning trades as well, let me know.

Cant see the entire chart but looks like above the 1 you missed a swing scalp where that cyan arrow was

Trade labeled 1

YOu can use the ATM to auto trail the stop to breakeven ie at 5 ticks if you believ ethis will help you.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/?advanced_trade_management_atm.htm

I don’t do this but it can be done

7 no trend is established but worked. you could have sorta pushed one between 7 and 8 ) 8 again need to establish the trend dont draw lines from before a swing to a new swing. They dont overlap. Trade 9 im not sure how you got a short the trend must be somewhat established. 10 same thing. 11 i guess that works but your really stretching it. I dont’ do swing breakouts spanning each other. Ie when one is done then i start the new one Im not carrying over lows and highs from before previous ones (this is makign things really complex - I prefer simple.)

Another example of this is 12/13 12 is good 13 should have started later after 12 for the low before the swing.

14 is not really a swing breakout according to definition

15 is one and so is the one that you missed right before 15

Hope this helps good post good job asking questions.

Hey Darrel,

Thanks for taking the time to go through my chart. Definitely helps. I’ll take all your advice and try to get better. :smiley: