Technical Issue License Won't Validate NT7 Frozen

A few quick things

Make sure you do not have data feeds to connect on startup

Always connect to CQG First - once connected the manually connect to other feeds (ie IQfeed FXCM)

#1 reason this happens is there is a workspace saved where a chart or dom or analyzer has an expired future - ie CL 11-13 etc…

To resolve this follow two steps

1. Go to mydocuments/ninjatrader/workspaces and delete the _Workspaces file may also say _workspaces.xml
  2. Reboot nt7
  3. go to tools data connections - edit any connections - remove the connect on startup box that is checked
  4. close and restart nt7 your workspaces etc… should load
  5. remove any expired futures contracts and save the workspace

Note I also close all workspaces when i close NT7. So if something rolls over etc… I don’t have the issue. Not required - but a tip.

Going forward you should be good -

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Darrell

Trader:

I did have old contracts associated with the MVP workspace I had created. I’ve updated the contracts in the instrument manager. Since I cannot open that MVP workspace (because it’s pointing to old contracts), is there another way to edit the workspace, or do I have to create a new workspace each time contracts roll over?

2 Things:

1 Rollover every Friday so you never have the issue (see rollover calendar under scanner - nadex information)

2 Forgot - issue is there - manually edit the file

Yes there is a way.

Open the .xml workspace file reference in above in notepad or some other text editor. (right click open in notepad)

Do a search for “”

Look at each result and look for the name of expired contracts. Modify them to the current month and save the workspace file.

BEN

I’ve got a weaker/“normal” computer, and have noted that if I make a special "opener’ workspace with only one apex indicator on it, the validation happens much more smoothly. Of course I have “blank” workspace with no indicator that I close and open from, but a special “opener” workspace specifically to open after starting up NT with only one apex indicator is what I’m talking about. From there opening up my normal 4 charts with all sorts of indicators is not a problem, but if I try and open that one first after starting up the program is takes a bit and has been freezing up on me as of yesterday. Hope it helps! - doppelrock