TF Sept 27

I had Internet problems today , so ended up marking up the chart after the close . Looks to me like four straight losses for 88 Ticks I hope that Darrell or someone else can tell me that I was wrong . Please note the chart is PST , Below is the write up that goes with the chart . TF Friday 27 th 10:45 EST to close .

1. The E was not filled within 2 bars , so it became invalid .
  2. Valid entry at 74.7 and went straight to the Stop loss at 72.6 loss of 21 ,
  3. Valid entry at 73.9 , tried to find a way to move the stop but could not , we had no X so I was looking for 6 ? Consecutive HH ? but could not get them ( that would have let me go to B /E ,) took a big hit from 3.9 to 1.7 = 22 ticks
  4. Invalid as did not fill in 2 bars
  5. Valid at 73.0 could not find a way to move the stop , we had a P confirmed by an E , but we need a preceding X to be able to move the stop . Took a full hit 73.0 to 70.7 loss of 23 ticks
  6. Invalid as I was in a trade ,
  7. Valid entry at 72.4 nothing to save me , rode it to 70.2 loss of 22
  8. Invalid did not fill in 2 bars . Lost 21 , 22, 23, 22 for total of 88 ticks , TF Sept 27 - Vic_Thiry’s library http://screencast.com/t/pvNgGnQQvS9

thanks

from what i see,

1. ok, invalid entry
  2. entry is at 3 ticks, this was only 2, invalid entry
  3. entry is at 3 ticks, this was only 2, invalid entry
  4. ok, invalid entry
  5. ok, valid entry but a loss. i didnt take this myself due to the chop and the failed E’s before it telling me its headed towards a reversal. thats my own interpretation (style) of the move downwards.
  6. ok, no entry
  7. ok, this one i would not have taken it. i like to make sure a new bar kicks in after the 3 tick in a choppy market and this downward move in price. thats style. the rules say 3 ticks but for me bad day in the news caused all this chop and uncertainty of which direction the market would take. (style)
  8. ok, invalid entry

so it looks like 2 losses overall with exact rules and 0 losses using style. i use the news and chop to stay out of these trades. thats my own style.

Yes have to use exact rules this would have saved you a ton of money

Chop is huge on TF as is the broad market it’s worth the small fee compared to what it cost by not using it

Also in the room on Thursday and Friday issued a warning on indices with govt shutdown pending to trade lite or not at all and if trading to use the bmi and chop warning

Even wo that you would have been better off w exact rules

Let us know in the room for any questions