ThinkorSwim Tick Charts

The new release of the ThinkorSwim platform now has Single Tick Charts where you can now make exactly similar tick charts that you make on Ninjatrader and other platforms.

I have seen several time during the recorded videos where Darrell will pop up a chart from ThinkorSwim and he has a list of active assets that he is following. A few questions about that;

1. What chart option is that in ThinkorSwim?
  2. What is the cost (monthly?) for that service?
  3. How does he populate his list?
  4. Does this list keep him abreast of the volatile market helping him determine the assets most likely to produce a high rate of return at any given moment during the day?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Dolfan

I personally do not like tick based charts on ninja or TOS. I use specialized tick based bars but not tick bars.

1. Your probably talking about my radio show. I just have all the nadex markets listed and a couple others and its just a quote for a lunch time report on what the market is doing that day. I’m not watching it all day. Its under the Market Watch Quotes tab. You can make the same thing in Ninja With the market analyzer window - file new market analyzer.

2. Free. Open a live account - ideally fund it - but if not demo data should be live…I believe. Ive been funded for over 10 years there so not sure if they have any cost etc…

3. I just put in the instrument by typing it

4. Nope dont watch it at all i bring it up 1x a day during lunch time when i do my show thats it.

Don’t make more of it than it is. Nothing is going to tell you what is going to produce more in a day this or that instrument etc… If you want that then you need to trade multiple instruments not correlated simultaneously. After you have got down trading 1 or consistently and accurately at the same time first.

[quote=darrell]I personally do not like tick based charts on ninja or TOS. I use specialized tick based bars but not tick bars.

1. Your probably talking about my radio show. I just have all the nadex markets listed and a couple others and its just a quote for a lunch time report on what the market is doing that day. I’m not watching it all day. Its under the Market Watch Quotes tab. You can make the same thing in Ninja With the market analyzer window - file new market analyzer.

2. Free. Open a live account - ideally fund it - but if not demo data should be live…I believe. Ive been funded for over 10 years there so not sure if they have any cost etc…

3. I just put in the instrument by typing it

4. Nope dont watch it at all i bring it up 1x a day during lunch time when i do my show thats it.

Don’t make more of it than it is. Nothing is going to tell you what is going to produce more in a day this or that instrument etc… If you want that then you need to trade multiple instruments not correlated simultaneously. After you have got down trading 1 or consistently and accurately at the same time first.[/quote]

About 15 years ago I was using TC2000 to analyze the market when trading stocks. I distinctly remember that you could enter search parameters for whatever you you wanted (time, asset(s), industries, whatever) and sort by things like;

1. highest price change of the day ($ or %)(up or down)
  2. highest volume of the day
  3. many others that I can’t recall now

I used it back then because “Rolling Stocks” were all the rage and it effectively found them for you and I was able to make money doing that. Then Apple came along and relocated me around the world and I lost touch with the trading market. I’d like to find that capability once again, the ability to quickly identify market movers as they happen, get in and get out, before they cool off. I don’t really want to go back to TC2000 because it doesn’t analyze the assets and identify in/out points like APEX (or at least it didn’t). I was hoping to hear that your ThinkorSwim chart was doing that.

Best regards,

Dolfan

Its is just a list of market movement used on my show Nothing more.