Trading Journal

Darrell,

I know you mentioned wanting time to develop a journal layout/ spreadsheet for us. (for NADEX) But I did see one of the members that posted to the forum had one. But now I can’t find it. I just don’t know excel at all (another thing I need to add to my endless list of things to learn). I would be totally happy with that spread sheet you use on your webpage displaying the P3 signals historical breakdown. Is that available to disseminate? Especially if the formulas were all protected and I couldn’t mistakenly delete or corrupt the spreadsheet, it would be so valuable.

Steve

The forum i use for stats is massive and has a ton of stuff in it - multiple sheets etc… would not really be good for journal entry format

Here is one journal that a trader shared that they are using: http://apexinvesting.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Nadex-Journal.xls

A Nadex specific journal built into the site is one of the features we are working on it will have tons of stats be shareable etc…

Step by step we keep adding stuff in :slight_smile:

Just a quick question, how do you get the date to work in that file? I’m using OpenOffice Calc, not sure if that’s the issue. No date is autopopulating and I’m not sure how/where to enter it with this formula in the date cell =IF(E2>0;TODAY();" ") Any help would be appreciated, as this definitely looks like a great way to keep track of trades.

Sorry…Not really my file just passing along…

ffpm03 - the date will auto populate once quantity of the contracts field (Column E) is inputed, or you can input the date manually…I’m just lazy :slight_smile: It was written in Excel but should work in OpenOffice as I made it the old XLS format.

I’ve been working on this a little and have a new release, maybe I can get DM to post it.

Thanks pavitos! I’d sure appreciate the new release. I’ve been using this one. I imported it into my regular journal program that has all the bells and whistles like plotting equity curves and such but it doesn’t have binary options so your sheet was a nice addition. Thanks again…

No problem just submit it in the help desk with the upload feature and I will host the file for download If you have any issues let me know in help desk.

[quote=pavitos]ffpm03 - the date will auto populate once quantity of the contracts field (Column E) is inputed, or you can input the date manually…I’m just lazy :slight_smile: It was written in Excel but should work in OpenOffice as I made it the old XLS format.

I’ve been working on this a little and have a new release, maybe I can get DM to post it.[/quote]

munehisa; I am happy to hear that you find it useful! if you have any suggestions let me know and I’ll see if I can add it in :slight_smile:

New version of the journal is now uploaded: http://apexinvesting.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Nadex-Journal-Rev-E.xls

the journal has a little bug on the calculation when contracts expire OTM Nadex is not charging the fees for that side… and on the Excel is taking the fees when that hapens.

can you edit it and send it back by attaching in help desk then i will post it

Done, fixed F revision just sent to help desk.

cheers

Here is an updated version - thank you esteban for the update - please feel free to make improvements and upload them in the help desk

http://apexinvesting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Nadex-Journal-Rev-F.xls

Just over ride the fee with a 0 (Zero), there is no way to tell if it expired or you took profits before the “Dark Zone”

This is great!! Thank you to the creators. Got my journal up and running.

Did this feature ever get added to the site/membership?

Thanks,

Joel