Trading & Market Conditions

Darrell,

Needlless to say the first two months of the year have posed new traders like me a real challenge.

I follow your profit and risk management strategy.

Given the fact that we have three strategies to employ (Trend,Chop and Swing I would guess that there few days where its just to crazy ans no trades to be found, However, I’ve notic that some days the market seems to have more risk due to very high volatility, declining DJIA or external factors such as the price of oil or the Chinese economy impact the market. However there are other days that where the trading environment seems to carry less risk. Market is up and it seems to be less impacted by the others factors. Does this make sense.

My question is does it make sense to trade a smaller number of contracts on the chaotic days and increase the number on the days conditions are less chaotic Such a strategy makes sense to me. But. dos ot make sense in relation to trading the IZSS system as a whole and taking a consistent approach making decisions without cosnsideration for the market itself. In other words just follow the rules of the IZSS system.z

A very wise Trader-Esteban- once said in the Elite Room “We need volatility to have moves that allow us to make money” 6/19/2014.

Trade your preferred system.

Follow proper money management rules for your risk control.

Learn to have faith in the system you trade with.

Learn to read the markets you trade. Watch volume for indications.

The only time I personally cut back on contracts is with low volume the better part of the day. Keeping me out of trouble and Profitable. Hopefully, you also.