Trend catcher rule clarification

There is a formula thats is used for the cyan arrow its complex not something simple, there is a lot behind the scenes. Focus on driving the car well not trying to figure out how the transmission works. Driving it well its whats going to help you accomplish your goals. Lori would be the one to ask for the rules your asking about as i do them on izss template.

There you have it Vad, there is more to painting a cyan arrow than just exceeding a high or low, etc. We also now know that Darrell does use the IZSS charts for his version of slings and elevators. It seems you have the rules down very well for my style of SEES scalps.

@darrell @lh541

Thanks Lori and Darrell.

Lori - yes!.. i really got into SEES to the extent that in my sleep/dream also the elevator and signal pattern comes :smile: ā€¦ now i am trying to see how it looks in izss system and whether i can get any useful confirmation or caution to avoid some bad trades (very unusual choppy trades/days - something that happened on 11/06 and 11/16) ā€¦

Darrell - yes!.. i totally agreeā€¦ the reason i was asking is that i too want to spot the slings and elevators in izss chartā€¦ though i am very comfortable with diag, i would like to see how it performs in the izss system (to see whether i can potentially avoid any pre-matured slings/elevators when compared to diag based system charts). I could identify elevator in the izss (by looking at the pattern using high/lows - visually not so difficult), but the sling in izss (due to bar chop filter) i found it very difficult.

So if possible, it would be great if you could post few example of elevator and slings in the izss (i dont see them in the izss video)ā€¦ excited to see your versions of elev and slings in the izss.

Thanks, Vad

I donā€™t cover them in the video that is Loriā€™s thing and as you said you got that covered :smile:

A sling is simple go opposite direction of a cyan arrow if high or low is broken out thats all I do nothing more to it than that Down Arrow buy breakout of high on close of next bar Up arrow buy breakout on low on close of next bar

I mainly just do swing breakouts (in addition to trading chop as defined in IZSS and trend entries) (which in my book are the same as elevators except for elevators by definition only have 1 bar between them. Lori has specific rules for these on Diagnostic charts and does great with them.)

11/16 was a great trending day with some great entries as was 11/6 not sure what markets your watching though Either way hope this helps. Note dont look at this and make it hard it really is as simple as a pullback with the low being broken or a pull back with the high being broken :slight_smile:

Thanks Darrellā€¦ I got itā€¦ Its also called as ā€œadvanced elevatorā€ :smile:

ā€“ Down Arrow buy breakout of high on close of next bar Up arrow buy breakout on low on close of next bar ā€“

As for as sling is concerned: i hope you donā€™t mean to ā€˜wait to close of next barā€™ (ie, the bar next to sling bar, sling bar is the one which opposite cyan arrow) to take the entry. What i understood is that after the sling bar is closed and if the high/low of sling bar is broken, take the entry (1-3 ticks) even if the ā€˜next barā€™ is still painting. Pls. correct me if it is not quite accurate.

Btw, i was referring to TF-12 tick diag bar on 11/06 and 11/16. I shared the screenshot in the trade room.

Thanks, Vad

Sounds like your talking about swing entries. I post a few charts here: https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/swing-breakouts-using-izss/4887/6