Trend catcher rule clarification

Hi, Pls. look at the below chart and confirm whether it is a valid short entry using TC rules?

Appreciate your help.

http://content.screencast.com/users/chilll/folders/Jing/media/8e89ad7f-905f-4722-bcb7-b90e7a676a57/2015-10-06_0943.png

Thanks, Vad

Hi, @darrell - can you pls. clarify this.

Yes the entry is valid its a scalp entry. Also the subsequent bar is a elevator short entry you could have hopped in and scalped as well.

Try out Izone SharpShooter also you can do TC entries with more clarity and still do elevators and slingshots.

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

Thanks again!..

I 'm trying to master TC and elite MVP and use it for some time before moving on to new oneā€¦ so if izone-ss is new advanced over TC and worth to spend time on, then i would rather do thatā€¦ as anyway we can do TC/elevator/slingshot entries as well in the izone-ss - right?.. (i believe its something new, i dont see this in the ā€œactive coursesā€ section yet!) pls. advise.

Thanks.

You will be happier if you will focus on Izone SharpShooter First then just add on the Elevators and Slingshots to it.

A ā€œCourseā€ has not been made but the course is made in the sense of the videos are done it just does not have a Quiz Section yet but content is done. It will be replacing a lot of courses a we add in pieces from Apex Elite MVP and old Trend Catcher. As we will add in slingshots, elevators, BMX reversals, and MVP reversals to it.

Thanks Darrell.

One more clarification on the MVP linesā€¦ I kind of got confused with MVP line (dashed line) and the triangle ones. which one is MVP line?.. and what is the other one called?.. what exactly the difference b/w two and purpose of them?.. I remember the dashed line is what called MVP line that we use to trial the trendā€¦ if so, then what is the use of the triangle one?..

Can you pls. shed some light on this?..

Thanks!

Sorry! here is the capture that i mentioned aboveā€¦

http://screencast.com/t/6BvcZXgb

Please click on the image and get the .png link and paste that so it shows inside the forum like this

http://content.screencast.com/users/chilll/folders/Jing/media/71b69dec-cdb9-43ef-8e04-145b11792da9/2015-10-08_1636.png

I use the trianlges the MVP predictor line to trail.

It was a duplicate query. Sorry about that. You explained it very well in another thread. Thanks again.

are you suggesting we should start with the izone sharpshooter out instead of the trendcatcher first?

izonss template has trendcatcher as wellā€¦ in order to interpret the signals from trend catcherā€¦ you need to stud and understand that firstā€¦ izoness gives you more accurate/reliable entry and exit places in conjunction with TCā€¦ so as a complete system you can use izoness, but to understand individual items such TC, mvp elite etc you need to study them wellā€¦
hope i have not confused you :smile: vad

Go HERE: https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

@darrell

i used the original ā€œTC with chop filterā€ system for TC entry, elevator and slingshot with diagnostics bars (size depends on the instrument)ā€¦ but with IZSS, we use 8/10/5 continuum bars pretty much for all the instrumentsā€¦ so how to take the TC entry, eleveator and slingshot in IZSS?..

also in the IZSS system, due to the ā€˜bar chop filterā€™, the bar colors arenā€™t actual as per down close or up closeā€¦ it gets painted based on the ā€œtrendā€ā€¦ so we could see green bar even if down closed, red bar even if up closed due to the ongoing trend to avoid the chopā€¦ i believe this is nothing but the chop filter used in the original TC systemā€¦ so you donā€™t need the separate chop filter indicator at the bottom, instead the bar color itself will show you the chops. - is this correct?..

also Lori mentioned in her videos about elevator/slingshot trades - he mentioned to use the original TC system rather than the izss system for elevator/slingshot scalp entries!..

so due to the above reasons - 'm not using the izss for TC entry, elevator and slingshots yet!..

pls. confirm if these are already tested in izss with 8/10/5 setupā€¦ so that will use izss for these as wellā€¦

thanks, vad

I take elevators and slingshots the same way on IZSS with continuums no need for them to vary. The only change I guess i would say i use is i only go with the direction of the predictor on slingshots and elevators on IZSS.

Correct the bar color now has down up and chop built in so I use it alone i dont use the sub graph indicator.

There is no one perfect way to trade. To me if i can make money consistently that works. Lori and I have some variances and both of us profit :smile:

I personally use only one chart for my slingshots elevators TC etcā€¦ entries an that is my 8/10/5 continuum IZSS template setup.

Lori uses the older one i believe for her silngshots and elevators. She doe snot take the original TC entries in and of themselves.

@darrell

Thanks darrell. But how do you identify these signals in the izss system?, bcos the colors of the bar in izss wont tell you the same thing as TC doesā€¦ for example, the elevator bar in the original TC system would be opposite color of ongoing trend. so it would be prominently visibleā€¦ but in case of izss - the color of elevator bar would still be the ongoing trend color. so we dont get catch the signal visuallyā€¦ unless you calculate the elevator barā€™s OHLC and figure out it is an elevator bar. Similarly for slingshots too, the previous two bars have to be same color before the slingshot bar (ie, bar closes opposite to the CYAN arrow)ā€¦ here too colors may be misleading due to built-in bar chop filterā€¦

you see my difficulty in identifying the elevators and slingshot signals in izss due to the bar colors ??.. i too would love to use one system/template to trade theseā€¦ but not sure how you overcome this difficulty?.. may be by looking at the barā€™s OHLC you catch these signals (irrespective of the colors or so)?..

Thanks!

I read the chart looking at OHLC not the bar color. This is why i always use OHLCā€™s and not candles. The bar color helps for IZSS. The OHLC direction is what is used for Elevators and Slingshots. If you donā€™t like this method you can use diagnostics or shadows for Elevators and slingshots. But for trend and chop trades stick to IZSS. I use IZSS for all four.

Thanks @darrell.

@darrell - a clarification about slingā€¦ what is the technical criteria to have a sling bar?.. i understand the rules of sling (2 bars same dir, 3rd one closes same dir with opposing cyan arrow)ā€¦

my questions is what makes this cyan arrow appears on the sling bar?.. is it that the wick of the sling bar broke the prev. barā€™s high/low in the opposite direction which puts the cyan arrow opposite it to current trend, but the bar actually closes in the trend direction to make it sling at the end??.. or is there anything more behind the scene for painting the cyan arrow (TC pending arrow)?..

Thanks, Vad