VAD not Displaying Correctly with Forex Pairs

Trying to get Ninja set up for Power Plays… I have watched the videos multiple times…charts seem right for NQ for example, but with forex pairs the VAD is gapping out with whole bars showing no volume at all…

Please see attached…thoughts?

Thanks,

Joel

I’m not at my computer right now but you’re pip size is far far too low

Add the “diagnostic bar sizer” too your chart to find an appropriate pip size.

EDIT: ok now at computer i’m showing a need for 87, 43, or 21 pips depending on if you wanted large medium or small today pip range (use the sizer it change change day by day)

Forewarning, i’m no PP expert if their is a consensus like NQ’s 10 pip size i’m unaware of it for the $AUDJPY

Edit the Second: ok been playing around with it. https://www.screencast.com/t/H4Hm5jNsOIsj Its still gapping…more involved minds than mine will have to help as i’m at a loss.

Thanks for the feedback…I was basing the tick size on the Power Play training…I thought it was 6 for forex and 10 for indicies…anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

The FX Quotes are most likely wrong…

AUD/JPY should saying something like 86.35. The chart has an extra digit at the end.

AT the Ninja Trader Control Center -

Go to Tools — Options-- Data and then check to make sure it says Pip (Believe the chart is currently set on Tenth Pip)

Chart should look like this (I just picked a random SEES premade template so it could be slightly different)

Tenth Pip option is only used for 5 minute binaries

That did it…not sure why the data settings were wrong…been using defaults and templates and specified in the training…hope others see this post…might save them some frustration.

Thanks again!

That may have been why mine was set to tenth of a pip as well. (and just never got re-set)

Glad it was an easy fix.

Default for the Power Play is the 10 tick bars for Indices and 6 ticks bars for FX

That is strange that BOTH of you had a problem with the FX Quotes. Have you downloaded the most recent version of the toolkit?? There have been a couple of updates the past week… could be possible something got messed up there. shrugs

Happy Trading!! :slight_smile: