VAD Settings

John,

I have watched the training video three times. I understand the concepts on how to read the indicator.

I want to be sure I understand how to set it up best. There seem to be choices

I trade Forex pairs on IZSS

1. I can just add it to my IZSS tchart emplate. However, my IZSS template uses Continuum Bars with settings of 5/12/60 with the trend catcher setting of 15. However, if I simply add the VAD Indicator on my IZSS template, the VAD indicator will not operate at optimum because it works best with Diagnostic Bars

2. Since VAD works best with Diagnostic Bars. It is recommended that a separate chart with Diagnostic bars be set up for the instrument being traded.

3. It states the current corresponding futures markets must be loaded for the instrument(s) being traded. This confuses me. Which chart version #1 or #2 above? If I add this information to my IZSS, how will it effect my IZSS template?

4. How does the VAD Simple Grey fit into all this

Dusty, Yes it is best to have up a Diagnostic bar chart as well with VAD on it and use the default settings on VAD. If you are trading Forex, you will need to have all the FX Futures contracts loaded into your instrument list in Ninja. This does not mean you need to have the fx futures charts open, just have the current contracts loaded into your instruments list. Go to your instrument list and search for all the ā€œ6ā€™sā€

ie: 6A 6B 6c etc etc and load all those into your instrument list with defulaut 24/7 setting as usual