Volume

What is/where can I find the average daily volume of the US 500? Can I trade a large number of contrats (20,000) or so?

Willie - to find average volume, sum the daily volume values on an ES chart, and then divide by however many days of data you take. The result is the average volume. Granted, if you are asking if you can trade 20k contracts, you should probably be pretty familiar with this… Brad

apply the simple moving average indicator to your chart - but assign it to the volume instead of the price

Do just VOL not up down Vol Add SMA indicator assign SMA to Indicator Vol Place in Panel 2 below shows average volume for the last 14 days on ES note i am use ES ##-## - need a iqfeed or kinetick data feed to pull this historical info ##-## gives me a continuous contract so i can see average volume over time versus just for current month/quarter future contract

for EOD you can get free EOD from kinetick

How could anyone possibly trade 20,000 contracts at a time on Nadex? Every time I’ve logged on the highest I’ve ever seen the liquidity is 250 for a given strike, and usually it’s only 20 or 50 maybe 100. Even if that’s only the liquidity for that second and the MM’s replenish it a few times do you really think they can handle filling 20,000? :confused: I didn’t think Nadex was big enough for that level of trading.

Did you mean the NADEX US 500 or the ES futures contract? For NADEX US 500 you would probably have to ask NADEX.

In NT there’s also the VOLMA indicator that you can apply to an ES chart.

The chart is for es not us 500 You can get larger trades than size posted so long as the market maker can immediately hedge then off. Though 20,000 would be a lot on any option or futures contract. I’m assuming your asking this question as your confusing the es chart with us 500. Also it is daily and the bar represents all traders trades not one trader.

Trade Balance

Actual - Forecast -1222B Previous -1293B The Trade Balance measures the difference in value between imported and exported goods and services over the reported period. A positive number indicates that more goods and services were exported than imported. A higher than expected reading should be taken as positive/bullish for the JPY , while a lower than expected reading should be taken as negative/bearish for the JPY Anyways.

what does this mean? the market should go up?

Please submit news questions under top menu - news - news questions - start a new thread for a new topic so the conversations don’t get to cluttered

A short answer trade balance doesn’t matter it won’t have a big enough impact consistently to be tradeable…see news top menu news trading plan to see what news to focus on…and how to trade it…just because something has a red high impact icon on standard forex calendars does not mean it’s going to move that market it just means it’s important… things that move the market are things a lot of traders focus on and things that are not easily forecasted so there is a large potential for fundamental shock