Webinar covering dom/noise/choppy stlye indicators

With respect to the Choppy Market Indicator, a list of volatility indicators that are available on the CQG datasource can be found on the publication http://www.cqg.com/docs/symbols.pdf

This is not a valid list. This is if you have CQG direct from CQG not if using IQfeed. See IQ Feed’s website for symbol lookup here: Welcome to DTN IQFeed! - Fast, Reliable, Affordable. Market Data and API’s.

or see this thread with all the symbols laid out: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/technicals-128/apex-choppy-market-warning-[video]-144.html

D.M in this webinar you mentioned that you know someone that has a more In depth DOM. you said to ask if we wanted more info. Can you give more info plz.

I’m reviewing several once done evaluating to see if they give a consistent edge will share. But like to see consistency before i share tools

What strategy are you wanting to implement this on where yiu believe the extra data would help you?

So far, I’ve been practicing E.P.C and E.P.C Butterflies. Works really well with ThinkorSwim’s market depth Now I can see a sweet edge being able to view at least 9 ticks ahead of N.T SuperDOM. I was wondering what you meant by More In Depth DOM, was kind of hoping to see either Further than 9 strikes, or that there was a way to see Currency market depth as well (That would be so freakin cool).

Also, I’m been using DOM for Stop Loss following APEX rules. By the way, I only started using TOS MarketDepth Friday, so far so good. I can totally see the advantage of viewing orders ahead of where the underlying price is. So I’ll take what ever more info there is. :slight_smile:

9 ticks or 5 ticks is not going to help you until it gets there for stop losses etc meaning until it’s gets within 5 ticks

Yes i like tos for additional depth on etc and epc

In reality all results measured does not make a massive difference in the end though …males you feel good that’s about it…meaning more than 5 layers…There is tons of information but knowledge itself is not power…(see napoleon hill)

Your not going to see deeper ticks than what tos shows

For forex use futures but you have to realize and calculate in your head difference in price do to carry interest

I totally understand what you’re saying. I just really like what I’ve been seeing now with market depth. when I watched your webinar, and you mentioned custom DOM, I was just curious to know how much better it could be.

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”–Einstein!

If you ever find a reason for a better DOM, I’d love to know why as well. Thanks for the replies.