Wednesday, October 23 Japan 225 Crazy Market

Darrell,

One of my favorite markets on which to trade binaries is the daily Japan 225 that expires at 2:25 AM. Typically, I find this market very calm and quiet within one hour of expiration, which is the type of market that I prefer to see when doing expiration trades.

Last night when I logged on to Nadex and looked at the chart for this market about 45 minutes before expiration, I was astonished to see it falling like a hot knife through butter for more than three hours running. I mean, this market had fallen something like 350 points and kept falling straight through expiration and beyond. It was as if an asteroid had landed squarely on Japan and wiped out the entire country.

So I scoured Internet and TV news sources to see what was going on in Japan. I found nothing extraordinary.

Do you have insight into why the Japan 225 crashed so severely last night? I would sure like to know what caused the crash.

Thank you.

Hey do you need a special type of data feed for Japan 225? I can’t seem to get any charts on it up and running.

This works: SGX Nikkei 225 Futures | SGX Nikkei 225 Futures Quotes

You can also use the Nadex underlying indicative chart. Click on the little red, white, and blue chart icon to the right of any contract in the markets window.

thx for the link. but isn’t there a way to get it on Ninjatrader? I mean the symbols are there.

You need to subscribe to it - you can obtain it from IQ feed subscribing to the SGX exchange.

YOu need SGX data feed. Subscribe to it through Welcome Apex Investing Customer to DTN IQFeed! - Fast, Reliable, Affordable. Market Data and API’s.

use the link get a discount we don’t get paid but you do save money…

JPY movement…

[quote=dennislondon]Darrell,

One of my favorite markets on which to trade binaries is the daily Japan 225 that expires at 2:25 AM. Typically, I find this market very calm and quiet within one hour of expiration, which is the type of market that I prefer to see when doing expiration trades.

Last night when I logged on to Nadex and looked at the chart for this market about 45 minutes before expiration, I was astonished to see it falling like a hot knife through butter for more than three hours running. I mean, this market had fallen something like 350 points and kept falling straight through expiration and beyond. It was as if an asteroid had landed squarely on Japan and wiped out the entire country.

So I scoured Internet and TV news sources to see what was going on in Japan. I found nothing extraordinary.

Do you have insight into why the Japan 225 crashed so severely last night? I would sure like to know what caused the crash.

Thank you.[/quote]

Symbol to use to mirror nadex if using IQ Feed is NK for nikkei 225