Where to go from Trend catcher 5 min binaries?

First I’d like to thank Darrell and all the other experienced traders for creating this community. It’s a great place to learn…

I’ve been demoing 5 min binaries and have been getting comfortable with them, percentage wise, 75-85%, in a couple days of demoing. I want to see 90% or better, but too many times there is no volume or movement with the 5 min. binaries. I usually miss most of the NY market hours, but would be able to adjust my schedule for that if it will fix the volume problem. What is the next, best step or trading strategy to proceed from here? being comfortable with the Trend Catcher 5 min strategy. I have been through the boomerang course once but would need far more understanding of it than I picked up the first time through it. I’m interested in working into full time trading with nadex. Need some guidance on what strategy to learn next, thanks in advance.

Hi there,

It sounds like you might be thinking that TC with 5 minute binaries isnt an option for you with the timeframe that you can trade in, but I wouldnt give up on it. I would still consider myself a novice at this point, but when I first started trading, I was the same as you…I felt that 5 minutes binaries werent an option for me. But then as I started to immerse myself in it more, I started to think that yes I could do this.

Here are some things ive learned that have helped me:

1. Its good to trade around the news. Not only will it be busier at that time, but it will also give you a schedule of sorts so you can focus in certain times instead of just sitting around randomly waiting for the markets to move. What is meant by “around the news”? It was told to me by Lori I believe that it just means to watch the currencies that have news coming out in the general timeframe youre trading.

2. If you can only trade at night, (like me), focus on USD/JPY and AUD/USD. These generally have the most movement at night, especially around 7-10 est. My experience at night has been that these two currencies have exceeding volume often. Some days are slower, but just be patient and opportunities will arise again.

I hope that helps! You mentioned boomerangs, and while I cant speak for the experts here at Apex, im fairly certain they would tell you to still focus on TC. It is simple and straightforward, and very reliable if you have it down. Im still learning myself, but the more I understand it and how and when the markets move, its clear that TC is a really wonderful system! Best of luck to you!

Not sure why 75-80% is bad :slight_smile: Guess that comes down to what your risking and taking for profits.

If you can’t do day time strangles butterflies

Another step would yes be boomerangs.