Windows 10 Upgrade

With Windows 10 now out in the wild, do we know of it is compatible with the current version of Ninja Trader and the Apex Toolkit in its current form?

Just want to make sure before I upgrade.

Thanks.

Peter

I’m not having any issues whatsoever.

Thanks, good to know.

I emailed NinjaTrader support about Windows 10 and this was their response, “While NinjaTrader 7 is not officially supported with Windows 10, we have done basic testing of NinjaTrader 7 with Windows 10 and have not found any issues specific to OS at this time.”

Thanks @cralchemy!

Ninja 7 is not an issue but Toolkit might be… question of authorizations. Austin did a post on that matter but i don’t find it. If someone finds it would be nice to place it here. Thanks

This is an old post, no issues on Windows 10 with Ninja or the toolkit. I did not experience a single issue from the time I upgraded.

I would just make sure the PC you are using has CPU architecture of x86 or x86_64. There are some windows laptops with CPU based off of ARM architecture that may have issues

Peter

I do experience regular issues with authorozation on win10. Note that my computer is new and it’s not an ugrade from win7 or win8. I do change the authorizations for the application however everytime i clear cache on Ninja it moves back to previous version for some reason so i need to delete the 2.0 file and install toolkit again. That’s the only i found to avoid those issues. hope that helps people who experience the same.

I can’t say I understand why you would have authorization issues. If you are experiencing issues with the toolkit then I would submit a tech support ticket to see if they can help you resolve it. If you are experiencing issues with Ninjatrader, I would check with their tech support. Make sure you do have the latest version of NInja since the most recent version is the one that officially supports Windows 10.

Honestly though, I have not had a single issue with Ninjatrader on Windows 10 since I completed the upgrade to Windows 10.

Yes like i told you above i’m using the post where they explain that you need to delete the 2.0 file in your PC to unistall and reinstall the toolkit. That’s the only way i found to fix that issue with the support, however i need to do so regularly. But as long as i know the process it’s no big deal anymore.

I would submit the authorization issues to windows. They are taking tickets like crazy on this type of issue on their site.

Great… thanks!!

I have been using Win 10 and NT together for a few weeks now without any problems…suddenly today, I keep getting this attached message when attempting to open any chart, and then my system shuts down NT. I have tried everything I can think of, clearing out Apex Toolkit cache, system cache, restarting system, making sure Windows Firewall accepts NT …everything. Any thoughts or suggestions?

@drewview try following the instructions in this video step by step - http://support.apexinvesting.net/hc/en-us/articles/202546279-How-to-properly-re-install-NinjaTrader

Good luck.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I followed all of the steps on that video (and saved the URL as a bookmark in case I need it again), and it worked perfectly…much appreciated!