Would it be possible for programmers to add TC to QM?

Darrell is probably the only person who can answer this but perhaps one of the senior members could also answer. Would it be possible to add Trend Catcher to QM?

You can put trend catcher on anything, you just can’t use it to trade spreads.

When I setup my QM chart I get the message “The method of operation is not implemented” I’m not sure why, I would think that it should load, but I haven’t been able to determine why it doesn’t.

TC doesn’t work on QM, they have to program it. hoping too this happening one day

Id say submit the help desk ticket, it did the same to me, but im not interested in trading it now.

You can use CL chart instead and just trade QM. Just make sure the contract dates match.

I appreciate everyone’s responses. I trade QM when CL is acting out to reduce my risk, especially if I am not trading well. If you have ever traded these side by side…the mental acuity required is …well…there are times I cannot keep up now with the trend catcher changing on the CL chart and then responding with entries and exits on the QM Dom or chart. I remember reading a post by Darrell somewhere (can’t find it now, though) when he gave us Ben’s email to request an instrument. I’ll submit a help desk ticket.

Ben was kind enough to add TC to QM. He also put the deviation levels on it. If anyone is interested…its’ good to go. I’ve been trading it for a couple of years without the benefit of some of our indicators, trading it off of the CL chart…all I had to do was ask.

good to know, will add to chart today to test out

I just attempted to add to chart but says TC doesn’t work for it. Did he do something extra for you for it to work?

Submit a ticket and it will be added to the database.

Note I DO NOT suggest trading off a QM chart. Load a CL chart - and use the QM DOM. It ticks differently ie .025 versus .01 and is less liquid and will not be near as clean of a chart.

This goes for mini gold micro fx futures etc…