Brick wall auto plot files

This post contains the latest “walls” to add to your chart. These walls are time tested and can be used in conjunction with the new Dynamic Magnets.

CLICK ON WHICH MARKET YOU WANT TO GET WALLS FOR.
NQ Walls
YM Walls
RTY Walls

Wall Legend:
LINE WIDTH
Line with width of 2 is “normal.”
Line width of 3 is “VERY strong.”
LINE TYPE
Dotted line is weakest.
Dashed line is stronger.
COLORS
Light Grey is less important
Indigo (deep purple/blue) is a volume magnet
Medium blue is a dynamic magnet
Light Sky Blue average wall
Plum average wall
Orange average wall
Cream (actual color is Khaki) strong
Rose (actual color is light coral) very strong level

Watch this video on how to download the files

or follow the instructions below:

How to add these files/walls:
. 1. Copy or Download file and put it in …documents/NinjaTrader7/templates

. 2. Go to your chart and add the indicator “Price level tool” to your chart.
. 3. Open the indicator and go to the section that says file. Select the file out of the drop down list and click ok in the lower left of your chart.

. 4. The files can only hold 30 levels, so, because these walls “hold their value,” and the price changes a great deal, there will be more walls than can fit in one indicator. You will need to add the indicator in again and load file B … and then again for C as more walls are added. In summary, for each additional file, go through all the steps again only choosing a different file from the drop down.

hi, have I to load the 4 files or only those that are right for the future contract rollover date (nq 03/18)?

Right now load the 2 current files only A and B

Went through and plotted walls for YM starting November 1, 2017. I ran market replay using a SEES OP with OD GRAY template with cluster threshold 1000. Nov 1 thru Dec 6 was 12-17 contract. I originally switched to 03-18 contract from Dec 7 onward, but volume was so low I decided to run 12-17 contract up through Dec 13 as well, just to see how it looked. Volume was definitely with 12-17 on Dec 7, but by Friday Dec 8, the later contract had more volume.

I wasn’t sure what metric Lori has used to designate a “very strong” level versus a “normal” wall, so I just color coded based on the number of dotted swing levels that plotted within 3 ticks of the wall.

0 swing Gainsboro
1 swing PowderBlue
2 swings Gold
3 swings Violet
4+ swings DarkTurquoise

ApexDiagnosticPriceLevels_YM_2017-11_A.ini (2.0 KB)
ApexDiagnosticPriceLevels_YM_2017-12_A.ini (1.7 KB)

I don’t count any swing levels in the walls. What are you documenting?

Lori,

As best I can tell, I’ve attached the price levels to the chart properly but they are not showing up. See video at link below.

screencast

You need to look under parameters, not labels. In your video you referred to labels, scroll down a bit and you will see the data in parameters.

Was this thread meant to be updated more frequently with files to load for the walls? I load the files for NQ that are posted here, but wasn’t sure if there were going to be more recent files to load.

Also, I think Lori mentioned in the webinar on the walls post that the team was working on making it so that the charts autoplotted walls rather than having to load these files. Was just curious if there was an update on that.

Apex is working on a auto plot version, that is one of their priorities. Hope it will be available for us soon

REVISED - See Top of Post for latest files