My Best Trade: "Learnt From The Best Coaches"

This ZB Trade illustrates what I have been able to learn in a matter of weeks from the Apex Coaches: Lori, Marilyn, Yogi, Trader Joe in the Apex Trading Room

ZB 4 Tick Chart Trades: netting $1375.00 Profit and $281.25 Profit with 1 contract Stop Loss of 15 to enter then trail with MVP

These trades were executed coming off the market data of the London Session and Going Into the US Session on Bonds. This is not an easy market to trade so I have been following the coaching and advice of Lori and Yogi and attempting to understand this market and how it moves. In this trade I show you two ways that I have learnt to trade from my mentors here at Apex. The foundation of course being the various videos, and educational courses at Apex presented by Darrell, John and various THT videos by Lori and Marilyn. I have as a new trader and someone completely new to trading attempted to fully study the system and rules to the best of my ability by marking up charts and applying the information and details that the above coaches share every day in the trading room which I cut and paste and correlate back to my charts and to the charts of other traders in the room who ask questions and receive coaching and feedback based on their trades and requests for a more indepth explanation of the rules, system, and experience trading in the futures market.

My Chart Outlines 2 Trades: The 1st a Trend Reversal and the 2nd a Trend Reversal and also Elevator Sling Entry:

http://content.screencast.com/users/Dleah/folders/Jing/media/0a1aaac9-e766-4afa-9da2-15e04cd8f6a6/2015-06-06_1241.png

We see that during the London Session that price on the bonds ZB was hitting and bouncing off Settlement and the market open for the day. It did this many times before finally reversing. Also of note was a Magnet Level sitting just above 151.28. Finally at 8:50AM the arguement was over and we had a formed Apex and then subsequent MVP Reversal and confirmed TC entry. I entered the trade on the 3rd bar after Apex valid “E” (Being bar 1) and confirming **Deviation: Mountain Top/Reversal Pattern **with an initial Stop Loss set a 15 ticks above my confirmed TC entry at 151.18 and then once the market moved in my favor to 151.15 immediately moved my stop loss to 151.21 1 tick below Settlement and as the market moved down I trailed setting my Stop Loss 2 ticks above the MVP Arrow in Bright Red on my Chart. I monitored my MVP in correlation to how the bars were forming and moved it if necessary to make sure that it was a couple of ticks above the high of the down bar. That way the market never came close to ever hitting my stop. Now for me there are no hard rules about my stops as I move them all the time based on what I reading from the following indicators: 1. Deviation Indicator: Is it still making the pattern and what I call “Steps” (Marilyn may call them something else so follow her advice on this in the room and with your trades) in the direction of my trade? 2. Exceeding Volume: Is volume still increasing or is it going down for this I monitor the indicator but also T&S as it shows volume example: 100,000 or 200,000 or 220,000 etc. 3. Time and Sales: I look to see if their are 'Block Orders" and if so where are they and at what price levels is it confirming my short or is it showing that orders are being taken off for profit, or re-positioning and buying at levels that would potentially cause the market to reverse. 4. Magnet and Deviation Levels: I have looked at where I can take profit at the various price levels and magnets where the market has been and where it is potentially likely to go return again. 5. TC and MVP Arrows: As my trade unfolds I keep and eye on if the TC and MVP predictor arrows are narrowing and coming closer together and look to tighten my stops. However in this trade trailing MVP was golden. As this trade wound down I put my stop 3 ticks above the Apex “P” at 9:54AM to avoid getting stopped out during what was the beginning of Chop and the winding down of this short trend in bonds. I exited 1 tick below at the -2 dev level for a take profit of 44 ticks at $1375.00. Which was my best trade ever!!! As I executed all the rules perfectly in my mind. Now I may have made errors and more experienced traders here may see where I could have done better or have seen some other information and I value that feedback and insight. But for me I did the best I could at the time with the knowledge I have been able to learn and grasp from the above coaches. I then repeated the same process and rules on the next trade which turned out to be another smaller reversal for a take profit of $281.25. This time my entry was based on the Sling Shot Elevator Rules as taught to us by our coaches Lori and John and based on the videos of Darrell Martin and the rules as outlined on the forum post Created by Apex Mentor Lori:
How to apply the trend catcher chop filter indicator to the chart and trading rules to help filter out chop

This was done in a demo account so the profits are not actual funds in my account : ( but that will come someday when I go live and feel as though I have the rules and a good foundation of knowledge and pracice This trade also in my mind illustrates how we can use our coaching, Apex Tools, and set-up rules to both get the trend for a larger amount of ticks and profit and also how we can use the Sings and Elevator Set-ups to scalp more from the market. I remember Darrell mentioning a number of times in his videos that traders should learn how to take as much as the market is willing to give in trades and market movements that allow for larger profit taking and scale into those trades. So that you will have profit should a future trade go against you, so using both techniques attempting to trade the trend, use the slings/elevators, as way to possibly get into a trend you might have missed or needed more time to confirm, or just get a few ticks of profit and get out. The beauty of the Apex System, Tools and Rules is that it allows you as I have outlined here I hope that ability to see that you can do both and “Take The Bus Driver” as Marilyn says to us “To The Bank” hopefully a couple of time a day!!! I thank Apex and my mentors: Lori, Marilyn, Yogi, Trader Joe who have helped me so much in the learning and application of these trading principles and systems. And I hope that in some small way it has given my fellow newbie traders an idea of what our coaches are attempting to teach us each and every trading day here at Apex Investing. I cannot thank them enough for their guidance and coaching. Blessings, Leah C

AN Added NOTE These Mountain Patterns/Reversals are really best seen on the CL Charts they are not as well formed on the 4 Tick or 8 Tick ZB Charts. But I could not post my CL Trades as the Deviation Levels adn Deviation Indicator data is not available on Saturday’s and it throws off the formations for the previous day as well. So I will post some CL Trades in the future outlining a similar Trade.

Leah, Thank you for this post, is very helpful, and is appreciated!! Had a question, the blue dotted line that you have in your bottom deviation, ( where the mountains form ), I am pretty sure I know what that is, but how did you get it in your deviations? Seems like a much better place than on the chart. Thanks!! Josh

Epic post! Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Great Job Leah! It’s awesome to watch you develop as a trader. You put a lot of work and effort into improving your abilities and it is showing! Keep up what you are doing, it inspires the rest of us to be that much better as well! Congratulations!

Peter

Hi Yoshi: Thank you for your comments and support. The Blue Dotted/Dashed Line you are referring to is a part of the Deviation Indicator itself. If you clck on indicators and add it to your charts you will see under plots three boxes:

1. The Days Range: Which is the Blue Dotted/Line you are enquiring about it represents the range of the day in terms of market movement and price.

2. The colors which form the patterns: A. From High B. From Low C. From Settlement

So what we are being shown is how far the market has moved/deviated from these price levels and to what or from which levels of deviation.

This is what I understand from learning and using the deviation indicator Yoshi.

Thanks Ronin much appreciated!!!

Ahhh Tanx Peter I am grateful for your support and encouragement!!!