Volume Accumulation Distribution

Darrell in the Elite room May 2, 2017](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOaUWyiy_a8)

Conference room tips using VAD and Bar Timer - Lori

THT - Chop breakouts indicated by VAD 10 17 2016 Lori

VAD the way Jamell uses it

WHAT IS IT: Volume Accumulation and Distribution (VAD) indicator measures the volume within a trend from point A to point B. It is very different from other volume indicators which measures the volume in a bar.
5 different algorithms written by Darrell Martin: Combining: Trend direction Price action Volume Order Flow based on absorption

These screenshots describe how the VAD indicator shows divergence which is signalling the strength in a trend.

Example of buying divergence setting up a potential sell opportunity verified with another system. VAD is an indicator to be used in conjunction with other indicators and systems.

Example of selling divergence setting up a buy opportunity.

The screenshots below illustrate how the VAD shows overall on a chart.

*** Diagnostic bars work best with the VAD indicator.**

There are a few setting adjustments that may be made to personalize how the VAD indicator shows up on the chart.

USING VAD WITH FOREX
The indicator is defaulted to typical forex settings. The current corresponding futures markets must be loaded in the Instrument Manager in Ninja 7 in order for this indicator to work properly. For example: If trading the pair GBP/JPY, 6B and 6J must be loaded in the Instrument Manager with the current expiration. The same would hold true for EUR/USD, 6E must be loaded in the Instrument Manager

• There is an option to use futures volume, but when this option is selected, the bars will not match exactly color for color. This is expected.

• There are times when forex markets are shut down and no volume shows up. This is denoted with a “not in session” color coding.

A simple template will be added to the toolkit to make seeing how the VAD works easier. The name of it is _VAD_simple. This is what it looks like:

The New VAD Indicator is KILLER, Thank You Apex!
The Ultimate Power Play using VAD A and Order prints

The VOL Accumulation Distribution is showing up blank on my charts when i apply it. Can anyone help me . Thanks

@bouman333 What instrument’s chart are you trying to load it on?

Alchemy 2 is the one I tried it on

Any help here. Why is the VOL accumulation Distribution showing up bland on my charts? Any help please

If you put a screenshot in, we might be able to give you an answer Bouman333

When the video showed Trendar and VAD together it looked like VAD was indicating an end to a trend a little quicker than Trendar. Any thoughts on using VAD to tell you when it’s time to get out and lock in max profit?

To Skeldon, I really enjoyed the VAD tuitoral and have done it once with and once w/o the test. A request on Question #2. It says VAD can be used on everything…in the course it says not recommended on Minute and Continuum. So the answer should be NO (-: Thanks

See nothing shows up on any of my charts

When I go into instrument manager just training manager says and search for 6 , it does not show up. Please make better videos on how to do this.

@bouman333 the videos are clear and easy to follow.

To search for the Futures Currency contracts you should perform a search as I did in this screenshot and add all of them to your default instrument list as pictured.

I hope this helps.

Peter

The “Everything” part of that is in regards to the markets (i.e. Futures (NQ, YM, etc) and Forex). Not the bar types.

Ok my second time watching this tutorial thank you Mr. Skelton awesome walk through!

Have you updated to the latest toolkit? Are you connected to your data feeds while trying to load the indicator?

Richtimeactive, The VAD indicator works with any bar type. It has not been widely used on different types, so it is not recommended. I believe Mr. Skelton said what he meant.